Skip to main content

Are posts burden for the internet?

Most social media posts will stay there forever, or at least keep the history. How much of a memory burden would it be for the server?

Firstly, anything that is uploaded, actually never gets deleted from the server, even if the post is deleted. So, all the posts will stay there in the server.

Secondly, there is no limit to the size of the internet as it is just way of connecting computers. So, there is no existence of words such as ‘burden’ for internet.


Thirdly, the internet does not have a 'memory' but relies on the storage and supply of data from and by all sites connected to it. The sites joining it daily increase the storage capacity and this is also complemented by existing sites who add further storage capacity, so the state of 'being full' could never really happen unless some authority decided upon a limit.

By the way, did you know that your brain could store the whole internet content?

Follow @AlviSaying on Twitter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Imagine I am a Cow! ( THE ARTICLE OF COW! )

Imagine I am a Cow! Muttakin Rashid Alvi No, I am not joking at all! I am serious about this! I am really a cow now! So let me SHOUT, “Humba!’’ At least for some kind of harmony for sometime.                 My eyes see and feel many bad things happening around the planet. But the only thing that I can do is SHOUT, “Humba!’’ Because I am a teen aged cow and my horns aren’t too long let alone being sharp. I can’t express my feelings like humans do and so I can’t protest that much.              I like moving from one place to another. I love the fascinating tea gardens and when I am on the hill-tops I feel cheerful about the fact that I am far far away from humans.               I see liars, frauds, cheaters but I can’t burn their lips. I see eve teasers but I can’t be the goddess of vengeance. Because there is no Nemesis for giving me any kind of regalia for a fe...

Social Media Addiction Facts Including Reduced Attention Span

In this content, we will discuss the addictive nature of social media sites, as well as how and why addiction to social media may be exploited to build a business. We will look at the negative aspects of Facebook Addiction, TikTok Addiction, Snapchat Addiction, and Twitter Addiction, as well as how these social media platforms generate such deadly addictions and what the repercussions or consequences of social media addiction are.