Skip to main content

Bangladesh's worst-ever factory blaze kills over 100

Scores killed in Bangladesh factory blaze
http://aje.me/WpIaSq Click here to watch video....
Rescuers are working in Bangladesh to recover the bodies of victims in a garment factory fire that killed at least 124 people,at most 170 mostly women.
Authorities say the blaze broke out on the ground floor of a multi-story building Saturday night in a factory outside the capital, Dhaka.
Firefighters fought the blaze for several hours, while many workers remained trapped on the upper floors of the building. Some workers jumped to their deaths before authorities arrived on the scene.
Officials say they are not sure what caused the fire and that they are investigating. A director for the Bangladesh Center for Workers Solidarity told the French news agency that the blaze was the deadliest in the history of the country's apparel industry.
Bangladesh has about 4,000 garment factories that make clothes for international brands. The country earns about $20 billion annually from exporting clothing.
Meanwhile, authorities say the girders of an overpass that was under construction in southeastern Bangladesh have collapsed, killing at least 11 people.
Officials say the girders crashed Saturday evening in the port city of Chittagong.
Police say dozens of people are missing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Imagine I am a Cow! ( THE ARTICLE OF COW! )

Imagine I am a Cow! Muttakin Rashid Alvi No, I am not joking at all! I am serious about this! I am really a cow now! So let me SHOUT, “Humba!’’ At least for some kind of harmony for sometime.                 My eyes see and feel many bad things happening around the planet. But the only thing that I can do is SHOUT, “Humba!’’ Because I am a teen aged cow and my horns aren’t too long let alone being sharp. I can’t express my feelings like humans do and so I can’t protest that much.              I like moving from one place to another. I love the fascinating tea gardens and when I am on the hill-tops I feel cheerful about the fact that I am far far away from humans.               I see liars, frauds, cheaters but I can’t burn their lips. I see eve teasers but I can’t be the goddess of vengeance. Because there is no Nemesis for giving me any kind of regalia for a fe...

Social Media Addiction Facts Including Reduced Attention Span

In this content, we will discuss the addictive nature of social media sites, as well as how and why addiction to social media may be exploited to build a business. We will look at the negative aspects of Facebook Addiction, TikTok Addiction, Snapchat Addiction, and Twitter Addiction, as well as how these social media platforms generate such deadly addictions and what the repercussions or consequences of social media addiction are.