Skip to main content

United Nations Association Luton Branch Chair: Dr. Nazia Khanum

 

Dr. Nazia Khanum has a BA (Hons) and MA in Political Science from Dhaka University and a Ph.D. in History from the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London. After performing senior roles in five English local authorities, she became the founder and Director of Equality in Diversity - independent management, research, training, and community empowerment Community Interest Company. She is Chair of Luton British Bangladesh Helping Hand, Luton Multicultural Women’s Coalition (1996 to date), and Purbachal – the eastern sky. Her previous jobs included: lecturer in Political Science at the University of Dhaka; Commonwealth Speaker and Teaching Fellow at Commonwealth Institute, London; Education Officer at Luton Community Relations Council; Senior Health Promotion Officer in Bedfordshire Health Promotion Agency. She is the first Asian woman to become a Deputy Lieutenant of Bedfordshire in its 500-year- history.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Imagine I am a Cow! ( THE ARTICLE OF COW! )

Imagine I am a Cow! Muttakin Rashid Alvi No, I am not joking at all! I am serious about this! I am really a cow now! So let me SHOUT, “Humba!’’ At least for some kind of harmony for sometime.                 My eyes see and feel many bad things happening around the planet. But the only thing that I can do is SHOUT, “Humba!’’ Because I am a teen aged cow and my horns aren’t too long let alone being sharp. I can’t express my feelings like humans do and so I can’t protest that much.              I like moving from one place to another. I love the fascinating tea gardens and when I am on the hill-tops I feel cheerful about the fact that I am far far away from humans.               I see liars, frauds, cheaters but I can’t burn their lips. I see eve teasers but I can’t be the goddess of vengeance. Because there is no Nemesis for giving me any kind of regalia for a fe...

Social Media Addiction Facts Including Reduced Attention Span

In this content, we will discuss the addictive nature of social media sites, as well as how and why addiction to social media may be exploited to build a business. We will look at the negative aspects of Facebook Addiction, TikTok Addiction, Snapchat Addiction, and Twitter Addiction, as well as how these social media platforms generate such deadly addictions and what the repercussions or consequences of social media addiction are.