Skip to main content

Bangladesh 10-0 Philippines: U-16 WOMEN'S AFC CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFIERS 2019

 U16 girls thrash Philippines 10-0 "We came here to win and to qualify in the final round like we have done before and play final round at Thailand. We’ve practiced hard for the last year and now we have a better team. Tomorrow (Wednesday) is our first challenge match against the Philippines and we will try to win the match and earn full points from it”, Choto, coach of Bangladesh U-16 Women's team said before the match. Bangladesh U16 women’s team have earned a great 10-0 victory over Philippines in their first match of AFC U16 Championship qualifier in Myanmar’s Mandalay stadium.With this victory, Bangladesh is now one step ahead to get the ticket of the final round of the tournament which is scheduled to be held in Thailand this September.Interestingly, Bangladesh had no idea about the power of their East Asian opponents since they had no experience of playing against the team in any stage.However, the red-green girls finally owned the day with six goals in the first half and four more in the second half. Bangladesh striker Tohura Khatun glittered once again with her outstanding four goals.She started scoring at the second minute of the match and fulfilled her hat trick at the 24th minute. Later she added one more goal with her name at the 36th minute.Besides, Shamsunnahar scored two – one from penalty kick at 42nd minute and another at 18th minute, Anuching Mogini stroke twice – at the 58th and 86th minute. Captain Mariya Manda scored one goal at 64th minute while Philippines Mikaela Villacin accidentally netted one goal in their own goalpost at the first additional minute of the first half.On the other hand, Philippines girls could not make their appearance before the Bangladesh’s D box, let alone taking shots on the post. Therefore, Bangladesh goalkeeper Rupna Chakma had a total relaxed match.Bangladesh will play against host Myanmar on March 1 and against China on March 3. And Bangladesh has started with a blast. Spectators are unsure how the whole qualifying stage goes. Can Bangladesh qualify and be a a new champion? Who knows!


On the other side, Bangladesh women’s national team is spending busy days training for the upcoming SAFF Women’s Championship 2019 to be held in Nepal.To keep the senior girls on their toes, the BFF has taken the whole squad along with the U16 squad to Myanmar so that their rigorous training regime continues without any interruption.On Wednesday morning, Bangladesh women’s national team had a practice session at the Mandalay Football Academy Ground, Myanmar.
The players worked on passing, possession game, crossing and finishing during the one-and-a-half-hour session.Each and every player is motivated to work harder and do well on the South Asian stage just a couple of weeks ahead.All seven SAFF nations will be competing this time around which will be the fifth edition of the competition with the most recent having been held in 2016.For the upcoming edition, Bangladesh has been drawn into Group A of the competition which also includes Bhutan, Pakistan and hosts Nepal.On the other hand, India, Sri Lanka and Maldives will compete in Group B of the competition.The tournament will be held at the Sahid Rangashala Stadium in Biratnagar, Nepal.Here is the full fixture of the competition:SAFF Womens Championship 2019 FixtureInitially, scheduled from 17 to 26 December 2018 in Sri Lanka, the competition was rescheduled, as Sri Lanka withdrew as hosts.Afterwards, it was scheduled to be held in 2019 from 12–22 March and will be hosted by Nepal.Bangladesh will play their first match against Pakistan on March 12, Tuesday at 3:45pm Bangladesh time at the Sahid Rangashala Stadium.So far, Bangladesh’s best achievement in the tournament has been the runners-up trophy of the 4th edition of the competition in 2016.This time around, the Bengal girls will be looking to take the final step and bring the championship trophy of the biennial South Asian competition home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Imagine I am a Cow! ( THE ARTICLE OF COW! )

Imagine I am a Cow! Muttakin Rashid Alvi No, I am not joking at all! I am serious about this! I am really a cow now! So let me SHOUT, “Humba!’’ At least for some kind of harmony for sometime.                 My eyes see and feel many bad things happening around the planet. But the only thing that I can do is SHOUT, “Humba!’’ Because I am a teen aged cow and my horns aren’t too long let alone being sharp. I can’t express my feelings like humans do and so I can’t protest that much.              I like moving from one place to another. I love the fascinating tea gardens and when I am on the hill-tops I feel cheerful about the fact that I am far far away from humans.               I see liars, frauds, cheaters but I can’t burn their lips. I see eve teasers but I can’t be the goddess of vengeance. Because there is no Nemesis for giving me any kind of regalia for a few days.                One day I saw some bad boys beating an old and poor man. The man’s fault was that

Tourism in Sylhet, Bangladesh ( Sylhet Travel Guide)

Hi, I'll upload short videos and write about it in details very soon. I hope you LOVE these pictures: Amjad Ali Clock ( Very old) Jaflong(South)  Jaflong(North)  Kean Bridge ( you can have tasty fuchkas here!)  Sylhet Tea garden landscape Tanguar haor ( Blue sea Sylhet) Ratarugul Forest ( shaper akhra) --Shaat Ronger Cha ( Sylhet)  Monipuri Dance/ Manipuri Dance ( Sylhet)

TRAPPED IN A CLOCK’S TRAP!

TRAPPED IN A CLOCK’S TRAP! Muttakin Rashid Alvi     What a ridiculous situation it was at a Malaysian Hotel! I was sleeping in our room. There were two beds in the room — for me and my sister. While I was having a mellow dream, an alarm (set in my mobile phone) went off loudly. It ruined my sleep. To my horror, I saw on my phone that it was 4:30 am and my sister wasn’t in the room. I searched for her everywhere in the room. Then I ran out of the room. My parents were in the next room. I knocked on their door vehemently. Not a sound came out from the room. I returned to my room and called the reception. I told them that my sister has disappeared. They kept saying, “Disappear? Disappear? How? How?” I was crying and wondering why would my sister go out without informing me at the wee hours. This was our first time there and we didn’t know the place well yet. That thought made me more anxious. Moreover, my sister’s mobile phone was in the room and after calling my parents I found