Skip to main content

The EXTREME VICTORS of Nobel Prizes!

The EXTREME VICTORS of Nobel Prizes!
Muttakin Rashid Alvi
    
     Which educated person doesn't know Albert Einstein? Rabbis and scholars tried to mystify what it is about Jews that make them extreme at science. Arieh Warshel, Michael Levitt and Martin Karplus are the three Jewish scientists who won the Nobel Prize in Chemistry this year. Francois Englert, a Jewish scientist was half of the team that won the Nobel Prize in Physics this year as well. James E. Rothman and Randy W. Schekman were two of the three scientists who were awarded the Nobel prizes in Medicine.
        
             Jews consist only 0.2 percent of the whole planet's population. They have an astonishing 22 percent of Nobel Prizes.  In fact, 6 Jewish and 2 Israelis have won Novel Prizes this year.
   
               2 kinds of concepts have been introduced. First one is that Jews have extraordinary genes. The Enterprise Institute scholar and co-author of The Bell Curve, Charles Murray set out the case for this some years ago in an essay in Commentary called “Jewish Genius," He wrote apparently that “Something in the genes explains nailing Jewish IQ.” Another concept is that Jews love having a relation with the books, as Israeli economics master Robert Aumann said that Jewish homes have overflowing bookshelves. Completely the generations we have given great honor to this intellectual assignment.
                 
             How many times has the same old joke come up about Jewish parents wanting their children to grow up to be doctors and engineers? Or at the very least wed a doctor or engineer? Well, there's some truth to the pressure of rising up in a family where not going to college is not an option. If success within the learning system is expected and demanded, then you're going to have a lot more people (out of anxiety of failure and disrespecting their families) entering the medical and law fields and succeeding, gosh darn it, because Jewish guilt is hardcore.
          
                  After the decay of the Second Temple (the center of Jewish religion and ceremonies), Jews needed to become literate for continuing to study and practice Judaism. Literacy helped the religion endure and kept Jews from becoming included into the surrounding cultures. Literacy is also believed to be a skill necessary for economic development. This became an advantage for the Jewish people from the Middle Ages onward.
       
           As imperishable outsiders, especially ones that are constant targets of hateful crimes, Jews have learnt to be cautious, even faithless of others, and have no problem questioning administration. The immortal side-eye that Jews give to the world allows us to see things through a unique lens. If you're used to questioning what is seen as ‘True’ and pushing the limits of exploration, then you're probably going to trip upon discoveries a bit more frequently and be more open for trying something unorthodox.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Imagine I am a Cow! ( THE ARTICLE OF COW! )

Imagine I am a Cow! Muttakin Rashid Alvi No, I am not joking at all! I am serious about this! I am really a cow now! So let me SHOUT, “Humba!’’ At least for some kind of harmony for sometime.                 My eyes see and feel many bad things happening around the planet. But the only thing that I can do is SHOUT, “Humba!’’ Because I am a teen aged cow and my horns aren’t too long let alone being sharp. I can’t express my feelings like humans do and so I can’t protest that much.              I like moving from one place to another. I love the fascinating tea gardens and when I am on the hill-tops I feel cheerful about the fact that I am far far away from humans.               I see liars, frauds, cheaters but I can’t burn their lips. I see eve teasers but I can’t be the goddess of vengeance. Because there is no Nemesis for giving me any kind of regalia for a few days.                One day I saw some bad boys beating an old and poor man. The man’s fault was that

Tourism in Sylhet, Bangladesh ( Sylhet Travel Guide)

Hi, I'll upload short videos and write about it in details very soon. I hope you LOVE these pictures: Amjad Ali Clock ( Very old) Jaflong(South)  Jaflong(North)  Kean Bridge ( you can have tasty fuchkas here!)  Sylhet Tea garden landscape Tanguar haor ( Blue sea Sylhet) Ratarugul Forest ( shaper akhra) --Shaat Ronger Cha ( Sylhet)  Monipuri Dance/ Manipuri Dance ( Sylhet)

TRAPPED IN A CLOCK’S TRAP!

TRAPPED IN A CLOCK’S TRAP! Muttakin Rashid Alvi     What a ridiculous situation it was at a Malaysian Hotel! I was sleeping in our room. There were two beds in the room — for me and my sister. While I was having a mellow dream, an alarm (set in my mobile phone) went off loudly. It ruined my sleep. To my horror, I saw on my phone that it was 4:30 am and my sister wasn’t in the room. I searched for her everywhere in the room. Then I ran out of the room. My parents were in the next room. I knocked on their door vehemently. Not a sound came out from the room. I returned to my room and called the reception. I told them that my sister has disappeared. They kept saying, “Disappear? Disappear? How? How?” I was crying and wondering why would my sister go out without informing me at the wee hours. This was our first time there and we didn’t know the place well yet. That thought made me more anxious. Moreover, my sister’s mobile phone was in the room and after calling my parents I found