Skip to main content

Passionate Love of A Daughter ( The Best Daughter of A Father)

    Passionate Love of A Daughter
    MUTTAKIN RASHID ALVI

        "Will she tie up my shoes when I grow old?" Mashpia’s father, Mr. Mamun was muttering. He had just reached home safely after a busy day in the office. His house was close to a river named Surma. It was almost midnight. His wife had a long hassle with him as he was very late that night. After entering into his daughter's science laboratory, he saw a small bed. He went to sleep on it.
    The laboratory was smelly and unsuitable to stay. There were many mosquitoes moving around. Mashpia went near her father and said, “Papa, my room is free from flying insects. Please sleep there tonight.” Her father replied, “No need of that. Just spray the mosquito killer. That will be enough for me.” After saying that her father fell asleep. Mashpia was a great listener to her father. She searched for the insect killer all over the house. But eventually, she failed to find it.
    Mashpia, feeling her father’s discomfort, brought a blanket and placed it over her father’s body. She knew that mosquitoes were perturbing her dad. So, she had sit next to her father and kept her eyes sharp. If there was even a single gnat on her father’s corpus, she would daunt it away. The whole night passed like this.
    The sun rose. Sunrise offered a celestial perspective. The water was quite calm, but the motion communicated by the currents was so outstanding that although there was not a breath of air stirring, the river heaved slowly with a grand and majestic motion. It was 5.40 am when Mashpia’s father, Mr. Mamun woke up. He saw that her daughter was sitting very close to her with a paper in her hand. He asked his daughter why she was holding it and why she was there. She replied that she couldn’t find the insect killer anywhere in the house. She added that she wanted to save her dad from mosquitoes and so she was there to do the duty of a great daughter. At this, Mashpia’s father became very pleased with her and prayed to Almighty for her success in life. And after about fifteen years, she got herself a chance to read in the University of Harvard. She didn't want to leave her family. Eventually, she left. One year later she wrote a letter to her father saying, “Papa,please sit on my favorite chair,
    No longer you miss the way you caressed my hair.
    Papa,don't worry about the times I stumbled and fell,
    Now I can take my steps pretty well.
    I found someone to fix the lose boards,
    Having fun doing the household chores,
    Papa, I finally realized that I'm okay,
    I agree with you, really it's better this way.”

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    Imagine I am a Cow! ( THE ARTICLE OF COW! )

    Imagine I am a Cow! Muttakin Rashid Alvi No, I am not joking at all! I am serious about this! I am really a cow now! So let me SHOUT, “Humba!’’ At least for some kind of harmony for sometime.                 My eyes see and feel many bad things happening around the planet. But the only thing that I can do is SHOUT, “Humba!’’ Because I am a teen aged cow and my horns aren’t too long let alone being sharp. I can’t express my feelings like humans do and so I can’t protest that much.              I like moving from one place to another. I love the fascinating tea gardens and when I am on the hill-tops I feel cheerful about the fact that I am far far away from humans.               I see liars, frauds, cheaters but I can’t burn their lips. I see eve teasers but I can’t be the goddess of vengeance. Because there is no Nemesis for giving me any kind of regalia for a few days.                One day I saw some bad boys beating an old and poor man. The man’s fault was that

    Tourism in Sylhet, Bangladesh ( Sylhet Travel Guide)

    Hi, I'll upload short videos and write about it in details very soon. I hope you LOVE these pictures: Amjad Ali Clock ( Very old) Jaflong(South)  Jaflong(North)  Kean Bridge ( you can have tasty fuchkas here!)  Sylhet Tea garden landscape Tanguar haor ( Blue sea Sylhet) Ratarugul Forest ( shaper akhra) --Shaat Ronger Cha ( Sylhet)  Monipuri Dance/ Manipuri Dance ( Sylhet)

    TRAPPED IN A CLOCK’S TRAP!

    TRAPPED IN A CLOCK’S TRAP! Muttakin Rashid Alvi     What a ridiculous situation it was at a Malaysian Hotel! I was sleeping in our room. There were two beds in the room — for me and my sister. While I was having a mellow dream, an alarm (set in my mobile phone) went off loudly. It ruined my sleep. To my horror, I saw on my phone that it was 4:30 am and my sister wasn’t in the room. I searched for her everywhere in the room. Then I ran out of the room. My parents were in the next room. I knocked on their door vehemently. Not a sound came out from the room. I returned to my room and called the reception. I told them that my sister has disappeared. They kept saying, “Disappear? Disappear? How? How?” I was crying and wondering why would my sister go out without informing me at the wee hours. This was our first time there and we didn’t know the place well yet. That thought made me more anxious. Moreover, my sister’s mobile phone was in the room and after calling my parents I found